Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One Year

One Year from today Nick proposed to me! 
I knew we were wanting to get married in October but I didn't think he was going to purpose until July when he got to come home for a couple of weeks from Alaska. He called me that morning and said there was supposed to be an amazing sunset so he wanted to go somewhere, which I thought watch a sunset Nick are you feeling ok? so he came and got and said lets go get some cold stone, and whoever knows me I could eat that any day of the week (birthday cake remix without the fudge extra sprinkles in a waffle cone, not bowl) Nick said "he forgot is wallet in the car and asked if I would run and get it" I didnt think anything of it so I went and got it. When I got back inside Nick and the guy making the ice cream were acting very weird, and Nick could not stop laughing, I asked him what was so funny, Nick told me he just knew him from sports, which I thought was weird because he was a bit on the heavy side and looked a lot younger than us, still didn't think anything of  it. Nick wanted to go to the temple, so on the car ride there Nick had me hold his ice cream so I wouldn't eat mine. Right as we got out of the car I got a big piece of something in my mouth, I thought it was an ice cube so I almost spit it out, but then I realized it was some kind of plastic, I was worried what in the heck did cold stone leave in their ice cream. Nick realized what was going on when I took it out of my mouth and was trying to figure out what it was. He took it out of my hand, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the temple, thats when I realized what it was. Poor Nick was expecting to have more time, I guess he forgets just how fast I eat my ice cream. He got down on his knee said something which I don't remember because I was in shock! I just pulled him up hugged and kissed, he must have not understood what the answer was because  he said is that a yes? 
We then went to my house and my mom posed us for some pictures, we were laughing pretty dang hard my mom made us do some pretty funny poses I will spare you the awkward ones.
What an amazing, unexpected and exciting day!
                                              

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard that story! I love it! How perfect! Are you hanging in there Lex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been a year already?!
    I bet this makes you miss him more. Thank goodness for skype. Hang in there. I shouldn't be complaining about Josh being gone.

    p.s. Teegan told me the other day in the car that Brylee liked Nick! Watch out. :)
    {I don't know where he gets these things!}

    ReplyDelete