Thursday, May 27, 2010

Adventures of California

I got to go to California with my family for five days of fun (thank you mom and dad). My mom was already in California for work, so my dad, Landon, Brylee, and me flew in a few days after her.When we got to California we went bowling at an awesome bowling alley! 

My dad was first up, so while the rest of us were still getting ready, and putting on our shoes, my dad decided to go. We look over and he is laying down in the middle of the lane, he obviously was not paying attention and went to far down the lane and fell.
Landon's first kiss.
The second day we were there we went to the ocean and shopping. The ocean was so cold not just the water but the air, I felt like I was back in Idaho.
It was so cold we decided to just go to the hotel pool.
After swimming we went to downtown Disney to shop and eat dinner.
Day 3 We went to DISNEY LAND! the happiest place on earth. 
My dad in that peter pan hat makes me laugh!
Landon reenacting his run in with that exact bush earlier that day.
Day four we went to California Adventure. It was my first time lots of fun!
Since Nick couldn't be there with me, I of course had to get a picture by the N to! The best ride there was the Hollywood tower of terror, so unexpected. 
We went back to Disney Land since it closed later than California Adventure. We didn't have much time so we decided to go on the Indiana Jones ride one last time. It was a 45 minute wait but we decided to just stick it out. After already being in line for at least 45 minutes because of the stupid fast passers (except when its us) the ride broke down. We had to wait about another 20 minutes before it started up again. We get on the ride, and get closer to the end and all of a sudden our car stops. It was kinda scary we were at the part with skeletons coming at you with sticks, and the hydraulics kept going for a bit going side to side back and forth.  Slowly but surely my claustrophobia started to set in, the seat belt was so tight and they would not let us take them off. we had to wait on the car for about a half an hour. Finally they came with a latter to climb off the jeeps. They got the people off at the jeeps at the beginning of the ride and worked there way back. They made us stand in a single filed line. It was actually pretty cool and got to take pictures. Here are some of the pictures.
We had to fly back to Utah the next day. My dad was trying to return our rental car, but could not find it. He was making a u turn and was not paying attention and not even joking was inches away from a telephone pole, He hit that curb pretty hard though. After that he missed the turn again went to make another u turn and hit that curb, but that time he popped the tire. My dad was jacking up the car to put on the spare and the jack bent. A homeless guy came over and helped, he was the sweetest man ever. We finally get the car to the rental and obviously missed our flight. we had to be on standby all day. We went from California skipped over Utah to Colorado and went back to Utah, long day of flying. We get our bags and of course one of them had to be missing, we had to take care of that. Just as we think we are home free we get to the car and the battery is dead.
We had to wave a car down, push the car out of the space. and jump start it. It was one crazy day, we made it home a lot later than planned.
The vacation was so much fun, I had so much fun with my family and I am so glad my parents let me go! even though Nick couldn't be there.








8 comments:

  1. Yeah Lexie! Now I don't need to do a post...or I can just copy yours onto my blog:) It was such a fun trip and it wouldn't have been the same without you there!! You make everything so fun and Landon and Brylee love you so much and love spending time with you. Even though Brylee gets grouchy when you tease her:) What an adventure huh? I still can't laugh about our trip home...in fact I almost cry just thinking about it...but give me some time then we'll laugh! Thanks for coming with us and being a good sport...even though I know you are so homesick for Nick! Love you Lexie Lou!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lex sounnds like a fun trip! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Disneyland is the best! When does Nick get to come home? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you guys had so much fun! It made me sad looking at your pictures...I wish I could of been there so bad! But im glad you had fun, and im glad that you guys all made it home in one piece lol..man that made me laugh/feel really bad! That's definitely one that Dad will never live down hahaha. I'm not even surprised that he hit the same curb twice and missed the turn twice too haha. Shoot..poor Dad! Miss ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trip! Glad you made it home! Looks like you had so much fun! Miss you lehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so loved these pictures! I have looked at them multiple times and I think I laugh every time! :)
    I love the story of dad falling in the bowling lane...so wish i could have seen that & the picture of him in the Peter Pan hat. And I love that you guys played the color game in the pool. It made me want to play so Josh & I played in our pool the other day, but I could barely dunk him all by myself. ha!
    I'm glad you guys had an awesome time..but not nearly as awesome of a time if we were all there right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lexie! I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I'm happy you have a blog! I love looking at all your pictures. It makes me miss you guys even more!
    Thank goodness you have your family around while Nick is gone. I hope the time goes fast for you.

    PS...I love all your dad stories. Somehow I could picture a certain someone (Mark) doing all the same things! ;)

    ReplyDelete